Gene Knudsen Hoffman
k a r u n a b o o k s
a library of e-books and essays on the life of compassion and creativity
Gene Knudsen Hoffman, Quaker peace activist, teacher and
writer on compassionate listening and the search for reconciliation.
(All books and essays listed here are available free of charge in PDF or web-page formats. Documents are located on various web sites.)
COMPASSIONATE LISTENING: AN EXPLORATORY SOURCEBOOK
(a 25-page PDF document, also in web page format)
Perspectives and Resources About Conflict Transformation
By Gene Knudsen Hoffman, Leah Green and Cynthia Monroe.
Introduction by Dennis Rivers
N I N E E
S S A Y S
"An enemy is one whose story we have not heard." (GKH)
An introduction to these essays
1. How Can We Make Peace If We Don't Listen to Our Enemies?
2. Speaking Truth to Power
3. A New Approach to Peace
4. No Conflict, No Reconciliation
5. An Enemy Is One Whose Story We Have Not Heard
6. Listening for Truth
7. On Preventing Future Holocausts
8. Review of Forgiveness: Breaking the Chain of Hate, by Michael Henderson.
Spirit and Trauma: A Universalist World View as an
Instrument of Healing.
Published by the Quaker Universalist Fellowship in